Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What is better than a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup?  You can do this in a half hour!

2 to 3 chicken breasts, sliced into cubes
6 to 8 cups of chicken broth (I use Chicken Base and water, it stretches farther and I can control the sodium)
1 16 ounce package frozen vegetables
Salt and pepper to taste
A sprig of thyme is good if you like thyme and a bit of parsley for color and flavor too.
Noodles, I prefer to make my own!

Noodles:
1/2 c. flour to 1 egg.  For this recipe, 2 cups flour and 4 eggs are enough.
Directions:
Measure flour in large bowl, make a well in the middle of the flour.  Add slightly beaten eggs in the well.  Mix together the flour as much as you can with a fork.  Put mixture on floured surface and need the dough until it forms into a round ball.  Cover and place in refrigerator for 10 minutes.  Take ball out of frig and split the ball in half.  Roll thin and cut into noodles.  You can let noodles dry or cook them right away.  The trick is to be sure to add it to the broth when the broth is boiling. 

Chicken noodle soup is easy to make and tastes much better than from the can!  On cold frosty nights, it warms me from the tip of my head to the bottom of my toes!  Adding the vegetables to it helps to complete the meal.  Add a slice of whole wheat bread and you have dinner made, wha la!  This picture is borrowed from online, but looks a lot like my end product!  Use whatever vegetables that your family enjoys, dare to be creative!


No comments:

Post a Comment